Sr. CHU, Lily Philomena FMM
朱慕貞修女

* 1913  10  2 日在香港出生
* 1943
 12  15 日在澳門入會
* 1949
 9  17 日在香港發願
* 1960 - 1972
年在香港服務
* 1972
 4  24 日在香港逝世
 
 # 按照瑪利亞方濟各傳教修會提供資料為準


Death of Sister Lily Philomena Chu FMM

Sister Lily Philomena Chu (Maria Wing-Cho), Franciscan Missionary of Mary, died at St. Teresa’s Hospital on 24 April 1972.

Sister Philomena was born in Hong Kong on 2 October 1913. Having studied in St. Mary’s School and in the University of Hong Kong, she joined the Franciscan Congregation at the Novitiate which was then at Santa Clara, Macao. She was still a novice when she began to teach in the College of St Rose of Lima, Macao.

After her first vows in September 1946, Sister Philomena returned to Hong Kong, and for 26 years taught English and Religion in St. Rose of Lima’s School, Kowloon.

She prepared hundreds of catechumens for Baptism and Confirmation, and visited the sick in Queen Elizabeth’s Hospital. Zealous directress of a presidium of the Legion of Mary, she did not give up her spiritual role until two days before her death. She fell ill in 1970, but resumed her work when she recovered. In January she knew that there had been a recurrence of the sickness, but kept on teaching until April.

After a short stay in Queen Mary’s Hospital Sister Philomena was transferred to St. Teresa’s Hospital, where hundreds of her past and present pupils, teachers, friends and relatives visited her. She received a visit from Bishop Hsu the day before she died.

The funeral Mass was concelebrated by the priests of St Teresa’s Church and two Franciscan priests on 25 April.
5 May 1972

 


方濟各會朱慕貞修女
上月底息勞歸主

方 濟 各 瑪 利 亞 傳 教 女 修 會 朱 慕 貞 修 女 , 於 一 九 七 二 年 四 月 廿 四 日 在 法 國 醫 院 病 逝 , 請 各 信 友 為 彼 靈 魂 祈 禱 。

朱 修 女 一 九 一 三 年 生 於 香 港 , 在 香 港 大 學 畢 業 後 於 澳 門 進 入 修 會 , 初 學 期 間 , 已 負 責 作 育 英 才 , 榮 主 救 靈 的 工 作 ; 矢 發 終 身 願 後 , 被 調 回 港 , 在 九 龍 聖 羅 撒 女 子 中 學 執 教 。

朱 修 女 一 生 致 力 服 務 教 會 , 熱 心 傳 揚 天 國 , 課 餘 並 教 授 慕 道 信 友 , 探 訪 病 人 , 管 理 聖 母 軍 , 身 兼 數 職 , 任 勞 任 怨 , 以 致 體 力 交 瘁 而 安 息 主 懷
1972 年 5 月 5 日


先賢錄--香港天主教神職及男女修會會士 (1841-2010), 天主教香港教區檔案處, 2010.